Hey, what’s up folks! I hope everyone is doing good! We are in unprecedented times, and having said that, it’s extremely important to be cautious. The pandemic is still large, and let’s all hope for these dark days to end soon!
Having done my Bachelor of Engineering from Visveswaraya Technological University aka VTU, getting my transcripts was supposed to be fairly simple: Go to the Regional VTU Office in Bangalore or the main campus in Belgaum -> Pay the fees online through the famous Xerox Shop outside the office -> Wait for 10 days -> Go again & collect the transcripts!
In light of the pandemic, all offices of VTU are closed. And going forward, everything has to be done online! This is the VTU notice for the same. And while it seemed like an intimidating task, I initially thought it’s going to take a month or so for my transcripts to be delivered home via post!
To my surprise, it only took 5 days! And the entire process to apply online took me less than 15 minutes! 🙂
Follow these steps to apply for VTU transcripts/PDC online via Email:
- Go to VTU Website, and download the application form. I’m linking the form here.
- Fill the above form in Upper Case letters only, either electronically ( recommended ) or manually.
If you are filling manually, make sure you scan via any of the free apps that are available.
- While filling, keep a count on your documents, and the total amount. Once you have filled & selected your documents, double check the total amount.
- Next, go to VTU Payment site & click on SBI icon. I’m linking it here incase you don’t find it.
Some steps to be taken care are:
i) Select this category: “Category F – Fees to be paid by student Examination“
ii) Make sure you enter the same mobile number, email address and residential address as entered in the application form. VTU will cross check it with the number! If the number & email id are not the same in both the places, your application will be rejected.
Note: While entering the address in the payment page, do not use any special characters (including comma). Use only spaces, else the text box won’t take the address!
iii) Download the PDF of the payment receipt.
- Once the payment is done, make sure you enter the Fee Payment ID in the Application Form as well.
- At this point, you will be having two PDF’s. Make sure you do a final check of the application form:
i) Signature, Date & USN should be present.
ii) Total Amount in the form should match the payment made in the fee receipt.
iii) Fee Payment ID is entered in the application form.
iv) Recheck the address to which the transcripts will be delivered.
- Next, use this website to merge the above two PDF’s into one single PDF. Page 1 will be the application form. Page 2 will be the fee receipt.
- Open Gmail. Draft the mail as follows.
i) Type the “TO” email address as “[email protected]“
ii) In Subject : Enter your USN ONLY. Nothing else.
iii) Your Mail body should have EXACTLY 4 lines, and nothing more. They are as follows:
a) Line 1 : Online Payment Fee Receipt Number
b) Line 2: Amount Paid in Rupees. ( No need to include Rs. Just the number)
c) Line 3: Mobile Number ( The same number entered in Application form and in Payment Receipt)
d) Line 4: Name of the document applied for. For Eg: Official Transcript
Note: I am attaching a sample mail below for your reference 🙂
- Attach the PDF & send! That’s it. Your transcripts will be delivered within a week. In my case, I got in 5 days!
- You’ll be getting a SMS with a SAKALA Number to know if your application is accepted or rejected in a day or two. You can check the status of your application by entering your Sakala number in Sakala wesbite ( in SAP number box) . In case you do not get any SMS, or you have not received your transcripts after 2 weeks, please reach out to VTU Exam Section on this number -> 0831-2498131, 0831-2498136. They will help you with the status!
Let’s say you applied for 6 copies of Official Transcripts, which amounts to Rs.2300/-; and your Online Fee Payment ID is ABC2020815; and your USN – 1MJ14CS500; and your mobile number is 7760252985.
Your mail should have exactly 4 lines, 1 PDF attachment and look like this!
That’s all for now folks! I hope I have explained it well. In case of any queries, just reach out to me by commenting below, or by pinging me on LinkedIn. 🙂
Take care, and I’ll talk to you guys soon!