Key Words: VTU, Attestation, Degree Certificate, Semester, Marks Card, Transcripts, PDC, Online, Application Form
Hey there, folks! Hope everyone is doing awesome. Firstly, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for the overwhelming response to my last post – How to apply for VTU Transcripts online. The support, motivation, and all the thank you messages were truly wholesome. 🙂 I’m really glad I was able to help you with the Transcript application process! Having said that, this article is on similar grounds. Let’s get started!
Before the pandemic, attestation of documents like Degree Certificate and Semester Marks Card from VTU was fairly simple. Go to the Regional VTU Office in Bangalore or the main campus in Belgaum -> Pay the fees online through the famous Xerox Shop outside the office -> Wait for 7 days -> Go back again to collect it!
In light of the pandemic, all offices of VTU are closed. Attestation of documents such as Degree Certificate & Semester Marks Card can ONLY be done via POST. (Note: This cannot be done via email).
Note: Read this completely once before applying as you will need to take multiple printouts! 🙂
The steps to send documents to VTU for attestation is as follows:
- Go to VTU Website, and download & print the application form. I’m linking the form here.
- Fill the above form manually in Upper Case letters only.
- While filling, keep a count on your documents, and the total amount. Once you have filled & selected your documents, double-check the total amount.
- Next, go to VTU Payment site & click on SBI icon. I’m linking it here in case you don’t find it.
Some steps to be taken care of are:
i) Select this category: “Category F – Fees to be paid by student Examination”
ii) Make sure you enter the same mobile number, email address, and residential address as entered in the application form. VTU will cross-check it with the number! If the number & email id are not the same in both places, your application will be rejected.
Note: While entering the address on the payment page, do not use any special characters (including comma). Use only spaces, else the text box won’t take the address!
iii) Download & Print the PDF of the payment receipt.
- Once the payment is done, make sure you enter the Fee Payment ID in the Application Form as well.
- Next, Print the documents you want to be attested.
For eg: If you need your degree certificate to be attested, get a printout of the same.
Note: Only Black & White printouts. (Color printouts are not accepted. This is mentioned in the application form.)
- Get envelopes large enough to hold each of your documents. VTU will be sealing & stamping this envelope inside which the attested document will be placed.
Few things to be noted:
1) Number of envelopes to be sent should be equal to the number of sets of documents you are sending.
Eg: If you want 2 sets of attested degree certificates, please send two envelopes.
2) All the envelopes should be self-addressed to you. ( Tip: Write it in small font as you will need to cover this address using paper while sending it to your university! If you write it too big, it’s going to difficult to cover this! 😉 )
- At this point, you will be having 1 Application Form, 1 Fee Payment Receipt, and an equal number of self-addressed envelopes & sets of documents.
- Place all of the above into another big outer envelope with VTU’s address written. This is the package to be couriered. VTU address is clearly mentioned in the application form.
- Go to DTDC, and ship this package!
I got my attested degree certificate in 10 days via Blue Dart. It’s that simple guys!
Update as of 8th December 2020: If you want the attested documents to be sent Directly from VTU to University, then please do the following changes to the application form.
- In total fees paid, please add Rs. 1500/-. This is the International Postage Fees.
- Under the Postal Address section (the last section in the application form), please add your University Address in BLOCK LETTERS.
Some points to be taken care of:
i) The “Name” here can be your University Name OR SPOC’s name from University.
ii) The number can be University Number. ( I am not sure if you can leave this empty. Best not to leave this empty as VTU may reject it.)
ii) Please do not forget to enter USN in the USN tab.
That’s all for now folks! I hope I have explained it well. Please feel free to comment below if there are any doubts, or reach me on Facebook or Instagram. It would be really great if you could follow me there as well. 🙂
Take care, and I’ll talk to you guys soon!