Key Words: WES, VTU Transcripts, WES Evaluation, WES USA, WES CANADA
Hey there, folks! Hope everyone is doing awesome. Firstly, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for the overwhelming response to my last post – How to apply for VTU Transcripts online. The support, motivation, and all the thank you messages were truly wholesome. 🙂 I’m really glad I was able to help you with the Transcript application process! Having said that, this article is on similar grounds. Let’s get started!
Before the pandemic, sending transcripts from VTU was fairly simple. Go to the Regional VTU Office in Bangalore or the main campus in Belgaum -> Pay the fees online through the famous Xerox Shop outside the office -> Wait for 20-30 days -> Hope WES gets it!
In light of the pandemic, all offices of VTU are closed. And going forward, everything has to be done online! This is the VTU notice for the same. And while it seemed intimidating, I initially thought this was going to be a herculean task.
But, to my surprise, like the transcripts, this is a fairly simple process too. 🙂
VTU sends the Transcripts to WES for evaluation by Secure Electronic Transfer.
The steps to send transcripts for WES Evaluation from VTU is as follows:
- This is more of a prerequisite step. Please ensure your WES Application from WES website is complete ( Payment included ). Please proceed further ONLY if you have the WES Reference Number with you.
- Download & Fill the Academic Request Form from WES Website.
Academic Request Form for WES USA is here.
Academic Request Form for WES CANADA is here.
A couple of things to be mindful here:
i) Only the details can be filled electronically. Signature & Date has to be done manually. So, once signed and dated, please scan the copy using any Scanning App. Make sure it is a PDF.
ii) Make sure Name entered in the form is same as the Name in your Degree/Marks Card.
iii) Institution Name should be “Visvesvaraya Technological University” and NOT your college name. 🙂
iv) Make sure WES Reference Number entered is Correct.
- Go to VTU Website, and download the application form. I’m linking the form here.
- Fill the above form in Upper Case letters only, either electronically ( recommended ) or manually. If you are filling manually, make sure you scan via any of the free apps that are available.
- While filling, keep a count on your documents, and the total amount.
Note: Usually, WES requires only 1 copy of transcript. If you want to send any other documents say PDC, Marks Card ( as requested by WES ), please select them and keep a track of the amount.
- Once you have filled & selected your documents, double check the total amount. Make sure you have added the Processing Fee of Rs.1500 as well.
- Next, goto VTU Payment site & click on SBI icon. I’m linking it here incase you don’t find it.
Some steps to be taken care are:
i) Select this category: “Category F – Fees to be paid by student Examination“
ii) Make sure you enter the same mobile number, email address and residential address as entered in the application form. VTU will cross check it with the number! If the number & email id are not the same in both the places, your application will be rejected.
Note: While entering the address in the payment page, do not use any special characters (including comma). Use only spaces, else the text box won’t take the address!
iii) Download the PDF of the payment receipt.
- Once the payment is done, make sure you enter the Fee Payment ID in the Application Form as well.
- At this point, you will be having three PDF’s. Make sure you do a final check of the application form:
i) Signature, Date & USN should be present.
ii) Total Amount in the form should match the payment made in the fee receipt.
iii) Fee Payment ID is entered in the application form.
iv) Recheck the WES Reference Number.
- Next, use this website to merge two PDF’s into one single PDF. Page 1 will be the application form. Page 2 will be the fee receipt.
Academic Request Form will be a separate PDF. Do not merge it with the others.
- Open Gmail. Draft the mail as follows.
i) Type the “TO” email address as “email@example.com“
ii) In Subject : Enter your USN ONLY. Nothing else.
iii) Your Mail body should have EXACTLY 4 lines, and nothing more. They are as follows:
a) Line 1 : Online Payment Fee Receipt Number
b) Line 2: Amount Paid in Rupees. ( No need to include Rs. Just the number)
c) Line 3: Mobile Number ( The same number entered in Application form and in Payment Receipt)
d) Line 4: Name of the document applied for. For Eg: WES EVALUATION CANADA
Note: I am attaching a sample mail below for your reference 🙂
- Attach the PDFs & send! That’s it. VTU will be sending the transcripts to WES via Secure Electronic Transfer. It will take about 10 to 15 days for them to send. Once WES receives it, they will notify you on Email.
Note: You will have 2 attachments.
Attachment 1 will be Fee Payment Receipt + VTU WES Application Form.
Attachment 2 will be Academic Request Form.
- You’ll be getting a SMS with a SAKALA Number to know if your application is accepted or rejected in a day or two. You can check the status of your application by entering your Sakala number in Sakala website ( in SAP number box) . In case you do not get any SMS, or you have not received your transcripts after 2 weeks, please reach out to VTU Exam Section on this number -> 0831-2498131, 0831-2498136. They will help you with the status!
Let’s say you want to send transcripts for WES Evaluation USA. It amounts to Rs. 2000 ( Rs. 500 for transcript + Rs. 1500 as Processing Fee ). And let’s say your Online Fee Payment ID is ABC2020815; your USN – 1MJ14CS500; and your mobile number is 7760252985.
Your mail should have exactly 4 lines, 2 PDF attachments, and look like this!
That’s all for now folks! I hope I have explained it well. Please feel free to comment below if there are any doubts, or reach me on Facebook or Instagram. 🙂 It would be really great if you could follow me there as well. 🙂
Take care, and I’ll talk to you guys soon!